Apple’s new Operating System – iOS 12 will be available for downloading tonight. Though exact time of the release is not yet announced the general public can download the release tonight. Beta users are already familiar with iOS 12 features and updates. So, let us see the details of all the compatible devices, how to download the new version and what can we expect from the new release. The iOS 12 was unveiled at WWDC 2018 in June.
iOS 12 Compatible devices
Apple’s latest operating system – iOS 12 is going to release soon. So, let’s have a look over all the compatible devices. Apple iOS 12 is a free version and is compatible with all iPhones from 5S (including iPhone SE). All iPhones compatible with iOS 11 will be able to run Apple’s new OS. Apple has promised that older iPhones, like the 6s, will also work smoothly with the new release.
Compatible iPads includes iPad mini 2, 3 and 4, iPad Air and Air 2, iPad Pro, 5th and 6th generation iPads. And the latest iPhones 2018 – iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR will run iOS 12.
How to Update the release
The size of the release is 2.77GB and it might require extra space on your device. So, in case you are having low space, you might have to free up some space by deleting some files. Before updating your Apple device, it is recommended taking a back up and keep your device charged up! You can update the release by 2 ways:
Updating over-the-air (OTA)
- You can use this method using WiFi network.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update
- Wait for a while and you will be able to see download and install option.
- You can also download the update through iTunes.
- Plug your iPhone into a Window/Mac device. Make sure those devices have iTunes installed.
- Open iTunes and click on iPhone/iPad.
- Click on “Check for software“.
- Now you can download and install the update!
- Up to 40% faster App launch
- Up to 50% faster keyboard display
- Can take a picture up to 70% faster
- Support FaceTime Conference. You can video call with 32 people at a time.
- A new Digital health app which allows you to set a limit on usage and screen time.
- Safari privacy: Apple is going to block social media websites like Facebook from tracking you across the globe.